Someone ask me recently what the travel section in my blog was for. Why i like to travel? A very simple answer is that Travelling makes me happy and more friendly, so i love to share and write about it. For sure, there's more to it than that. I'm an advocate for it.
I believe travel can makes us "rich" and happy.
I want to encourage as many people to get out and see more of the world. There's a lot of beautiful culture from other country. As i believe that we must all define our own version of happiness. I'm confident travel can helps us to stay happy.
I tried to figure out what is about to getting out of town that always light me up. I write a few notes in my journal about the benefit and how they might correlate with happiness. Here's what i came up with.
1.Travel gives us sense of accomplishment.
Conquering something for the first time, whether its a foreign language or a subway system. Navigating my way to one place to another in a strange neighborhood help convince me that i can survive anywhere and any problem that comes to me. I love to travel either with partner or group.
2.Travel is interesting
3.Travel remind us to "forget the unnecessary things"
How tiny our own corner of it is in the grand scheme of things. Doesn't mean that our world isn't a big deal but it helpful to remember that "few things really matter forever".
We are staying in a big world and obviously we are so tiny, So no matter how much we messed up, that's not really bad. That perspective is a key tenant of sustainable happiness.
4.Travel also connects us to people
I love to learn more about local food and culture in other country. This is one of my favorite things when visiting new places and learn about the way people who live there are different then own place.
We love, we fear and we hope, i realize we are more alike than different. Travel makes me feel part of a longer whole which means we never be alone in a stranger place. Travel keeps us growing and blossoming. So i continue to find more 'excuses' to travel and i'll continue share my stories in the hopes that we will be encourage to seek out new places. Let's us share our experience and stories here.





No comments:
Post a Comment